1. A doctoral study program in the field of study is a third degree study program and is the highest degree of higher education.
2. The doctoral study program in the field of study is focused on acquiring knowledge based on the current state of scientific and artistic knowledge and especially on the student's own benefit resulting from scientific research and independent creative activity in the field of science or technology or independent theoretical and creative activity in the field of art.
3. Doctoral study program in the field of study is realized in full time and part time form.
4. Standard length of study for doctoral study program:
- three or four academic years in a full-time study
- four or five academic years in part time study
5. Study according to the doctoral study program is conducted according to an individual study plan under the supervision of the supervisor.
6. Doctoral study consists of study, pedagogical and scientific part.
7. The completion of a Ph.D. study is a doctoral exam, which is one of the state examinations, and the defense of the dissertation. Dissertation is a final work.
8. Graduates of the PhD program receive third degree education.